Statement of Faith
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- SCRIPTURES: We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are all verbally inspired by God, without error as originally written, and our only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- GOD: We believe God is the creator and eternally exists in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—and these three are one God; having precisely the same nature, attributes, perfection, and worthy of precisely the same worship, honor, confidence, and obedience.
- THE SAVIOR: We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh. We hold to His virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, His present high priestly ministry, His translation of the church and His personal premillennial return to set up an earthly kingdom.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity who convicts the unsaved and effects the full salvation of the believer.
- MANKIND: We believe that all human beings are made in the image of God and, therefore, have dignity and worth. We further believe that, through the fall of mankind in Adam, all are sinners by nature and stand in need of regeneration.
- SALVATION FOR SINNERS: We believe salvation was provided through Jesus Christ by His substitutionary and sacrificial death on the cross, sufficient for all, taking every legal obstacle out of the way, and that all must be born again or be forever lost.
- ETERNAL LIFE: We believe eternal life is the sovereign work of God’s grace given to those who believe and receive Christ.
- TWO DESTINIES: We believe the destiny for the believer is to be present (at home) with the Lord and for the unbeliever is to be separated from the presence of the Lord in everlasting punishment.
- THE CHURCH: We believe the church is an organism of which Christ is the head, made up of individual believers who have been saved by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ through the grace of God and baptized into Christ’s body by the Holy Spirit.
- ONE COMMISSION: We believe the great evangelistic and missionary commission given by Jesus Christ to the disciples and to the continuing church is that of making Christ known by word and example and bringing maturity to those who believe by instruction in the Word.